Al Maida aims to aid Muslim youth through developing and understanding of Islam and Allah. We also want to guide youth into a passion for Islam and religious activities.
Al Maida desires to help support Muslim youth with issues like lack of self-confidence, depression, social pressure, and suicide. We want the youth to develop confidence and pride in their Muslim identity.
Al Maida aspires to help Muslim youth handle social issues they encounter in their everyday lives using Islam as a guide. These issues include LGBTQ+, social media use, addictions, bullying, etc. We also aim to promote a positive and supportive youth community regardless of individual backgrounds.
Al Maida wishes to aid Muslim youth in recognizing their individual voices in our government and communities. We want Muslim youth to participate in local politics and elections, and advocate for social justice in mainstream media.
Al Maida is a youth-focused organization whose purpose is to support Muslim youth facing various social issues in the West by engaging them in positive social activities.
Al Maida’s Mission includes the following social aspects:
1. Atheism: Answer youth’s questions about God and faith when faced with atheistic ideas
2. Quran: Expose youth to the true meanings of the Quran and provide a more profound understanding of the Quran by learning the Quranic Arabic language
3. Create interest in religion and religious activities
4. Modernism and Assimilation: Address youth’s questions about how Islam applies to their lives in today’s modern age and learn from the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him
1. Mental health: Support with issues like lack of self-confidence; depression; cases of suicide in the Muslim community, social pressure, and rejection
2. Identity crises: Address lack of confidence and pride in being Muslim
3. Family system and gender interaction: Support youth with parental discord and divorce
4. Depression/anxiety generated by social media
5. Promote positive social interactions for positive behaviors and outcomes
1. LGBT Issues: Address questions on LGBT issues and provide an Islamic perspective on this topic
2. Safe Internet Use: How to protect youth safety
3. Addictions: Teach about the dangers and harms of various addictions such as vaping, smoking, drugs, gambling, social media, pornography, etc.
4. Racial and ethnic barriers: Promote positive and supportive integration among youth without regard to social status, ethnicity, and national origin
5. Engage new Muslims (reverts) within the community and provide them with social support
6. Provide financial, social, and other types of support to families facing various social challenges
7. Bullying and Harassment: Prepare youth to address and positively respond to bullying and harassment at all levels
1. Participation in local politics and elections
2. Have a voice for social justice in mainstream media
3. Promote understanding of various political issues
4. Support attaining internship opportunities with various political offices at the state and federal level
Know your rights training opportunities